sunrise

sunrise
Sunrise over the Atlantic

Help stop the slaughter of dolphins right now!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dream House


Released: 2011
Mystery, Thriller
Director: Jim Sheridan
Starring: Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz
Running Time: 92 minutes
Rated: PG-13

The breakdown:  A family moves into a new house that they discover has a murderous past.

I saw that this film had terrible reviews but I figured I'd watch it anyway.  It was a bit messy and muddled, but I've seen a lot worse.
Overall, it wasn't great and I really can't recommend but I'll review it for you here anyway.

An editor quits his job to spend more time with his family in a new house in the country.
While they are getting situated they discover there's been a terrible murder there where the whole family had been shot.  They try to find out more about it, but it seems the small town just doesn't want to talk to them about what happened.  A neighbor is approached by the man of the house, but she seems to be quite distant and doesn't really want to say too much to him.
They find a man outside their house windows looking in, but can't catch him.
As things are revealed, the movie gets a bit more convoluted.

I would say skip this movie if you've either never heard of it, or just don't want to waste 90 minutes of your life.  Like I said, I've seen worse, but I still can't recommend it.

1 and 1/2 out of 5 for a romantic and impressive physical feat that Daniel Craig does, but a muddled and unfinished story.

No comments:

Post a Comment